Quang Ngai to upgrade Son My Museum

Source: Pano feed

1564693-ppc29092014


​In the meeting with leaders of Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism (DCST) on Sept. 24, Vice Chairman of Quang Ngai Provincial People’s Committee Le Quang Thich was presented the needs to upgrade Son My Museum, a memorial and museum at the site of the My Lai Massacre in Son Tinh district.




As presented by DCST’s leaders, two reasons for the upgrade of Son My Museum are to attract tourists and to meet standards of being recognized as a national special important Museum.


The upgrading project is to improve outside facilities with a total of nearly 2 billion VND.


At the meeting, the Museum Management Board presented a suggestion of building a house of worship for 504 My Lai victims who were unarmed villagers, most of them were children, women and the elderly in March 1968.


According to the Museum Management Board, Son My Museum annually attracts thousands of visitors, particularly in August, 2014 it received 250,000 tourists.


Vice Chairman Le Quang Thich directed DCST to prepare documents for the submission to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism about the aforesaid reorganization as well as to plan of building the worship house in the area of Son My Museum.


Minh Chau




Đăng ký: VietNam News