Nam Tra My District

Source: Pano feed

Nam Tra My District


Total Area: 825.46 km2


Total Population: 26,300


Population Density: 32/km2


Nam Tra My is the southern part of the ex-district of Tra My, which was divided into two districts in 2003. Located 100 km southwest of Tam Ky City, it borders the districts of Bac Tra My in the north, Phuoc Son in the west, Quang Ngai Province in the east, and Kon Tum Province in the south. Different ethnic groups inhabit this mountainous district; over 80% of its population is Ca-dong and Xe-dang people. The living standards of local people are low; poverty rate remains high with seasonal hunger. Forestry and agriculture bring main income of the district. Nam Tra My District has good reputation for its cinnamon products, which is its main exports, and Ngoc Linh Ginseng Panax Vietnamensis.




Đăng ký: VietNam News